Sunday 5 September 2010

The Finishing Touch?

Ok, it'll never really be completely finished - there will always be little things to do (or repair) like adding spectators and the first aid hut (if I ever find it - I bought it back in January and it must be somewhere...).

But nevertheless, I am going to declare the layout finished today as there are now no more major pieces of scenery to do.  The final piece was a 20 feet x 15 inches panoramic view of hills installed along the two long sides of the layout.


A few companies sell these for model railway layouts but this was the only one I found that was 15 inches, and so high enough to give good clearance above the elevated track.  Here are some photos closer in:

The control tower and helipad


The pit garages


Folly Corner


I'm really pleased with how these look - well worth the effort in cutting to size, mounting to cardboard and fitting around the layout.  Although I'm not in a hurry to crawl under the table and squeeze up in the small gap at the far corner again any time soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment