Monday 6 September 2010

Race Night

Andy came round for the first race night with the completed scenery.  We raced a number of vehicles but two are worth a special mention.  The first is a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro that I bought for Andy six or seven years ago.  He'd been promising to bring it round once the track was sufficiently complete to race against the Ford Boss Mustang I'd bought at the same time.


As we positioned the cars on the start line, I noticed Andy's blue Camaro was missing half a bumper - and I recognised it.  I found the missing piece in my little box of bits I find on the track after races!  So clearly it has raced on the Highwood Circuit before.

We also had huge fun racing the little BMW 2002s which slide all over the place but rarely de-slot.  This was also the first race night with 100% reliable lap timing and fuel management.  Having to stop at the right point to refuel certainly added to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment