Wednesday 31 October 2012

A New Challenger

A while back I blogged about the Scalextric Challenger system I'd bought - essentially a car which learns the circuit and then drives itself, so I can have something else running around the track when I'm testing other cars.


It works really well but I wasn't keen on the car because (a) it was a bit dull being all black, and (b) it was an F1 Safety Car, and so strictly wasn't right with anything other than F1 cars, of which I have very few.

So I customised it.

First thing was to strip the car completely of all the fittings.


Then a respray in white...


Add some police decals and a couple of coats of varnish...


Paint the roof lights blue and fit them, along with the windows and the original chassis, and all the little bits I'd taken off it to start with:


I picked up another Challenger body for a tenner, this time in silver, so I can convert it back to an F1 Safety Car when I feel like it, but it's much more fun to have a police car chasing me round the circuit!


No comments:

Post a Comment