Wednesday 23 October 2013

"Lordie, Lordie, Lordie. If you can drive like that, Rosco, how come you can't ever catch them Dukes?"

At the Slot Car Festival earlier this year, I spotted that Gareth of Chase Cars had converted one of his gangster cars into Boss Hogg's car from the Dukes of Hazzard.  With the General Lee and Rosco's police car (on a Chase Car chassis) already in the collection, I had to follow suit.


First task was to remove the windows from the original bodyshell and then turn it into a convertible.


Then the bodyshell was undercoated and then sprayed with a couple of coats of gloss white.


Next I extended a PCS32 chassis to match the extra long dimensions of the bodyshell, and painted the interior.


Instead of gangster heads, Gareth supplied three heads in cowboy hats, so I have Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane driving, Deputy Enos Strate riding shotgun, and Jefferson Davis ("JD" or "Boss") Hogg in the back seat.


One of my cattle from my 28mm Wild West town donated his horns to adorn the front of the car.


With the Confederate flag on the front, I gave Boss Hogg a personal plate at the back.


And I'll leave the last words to Rosco:
Oh, Boss, if you ain't the sneakiest, low-down double dealinist little fat rascal, coo!


No comments:

Post a Comment