Sunday 17 July 2016

New barrier signs

The barrier signs I've used for several years are quite modern, like in this old photos of the pit building:


But I wanted simpler bolder signs like in the vintage Scalextric sets:


The current ones are printed on self-adhesive paper, having upgraded from printing on paper and gluing them on.  Self-adhesive was easier, but didn't stay on any longer, eventually drying up and coming loose.

So I thought I'd try printing on self-adhesive gloss vinyl, which is used for making home-made stickers.  The first attempt didn't go well:


I then found some self-adhesive gloss vinyl sheets which are coated with a layer which allows inkjet printing, and unsurprisingly got a much better result.


These have come out really well and stand out much better on the layout.  Fingers crossed that the self-adhesive is stronger too.


No comments:

Post a Comment