Sunday 5 September 2010

NSCC vs Scalextric Club


My first blog posting was on 17 September last year so I've spent just under a year on this project.  On that day, I'd just received my Scalextric Club pack.  I've recently renewed and should have the 2010 Club Car shortly, but I've also joined a different club.


The NSCC was originally the National Scalextric Collectors Club but is now about all makes of slot car.  The subscription costs about the same as the Scalextric Club.  The latter gives you a free car each year but the quarterly magazine is basically a set of Scalextric adverts.  The NSCC does sell a special car each year but the reason for joining is their excellent monthly magazine which reviews new models from all the slot car manufacturers as well as other related articles.

Both worth joining for different reasons I think.

And this is probably a first (and last?) - slot car comedy clips.  A year old now but there are a series of clips on YouTube called Slotcar 2009 which made me snigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment