Thursday 1 October 2009

New Le Mans car

Although Andy has an extensive collection of Scalextric cars, I want to make sure that I always have a pair of equally matched cars to race against other people - for example, I currently have a pair of rally cars, F1 cars, and American muscle cars.

The Aston Martin freebie from the Scalextric Club was my first contemporary Le Mans car and therefore I needed a counterpart.  So tthis weekend I bought a Maserati MC12 Le Mans car.


The Maserati MC12 is a two-seater long-tail coupĂ©-spider.  The original has a 6 litre engine producing 630hp.  This smaller, second-hand version is slightly less powerful but features sub-frame engine mounting design for better road holding, a highly detailed interior design and etched metal parts. It has working lights, adjustable Magnatraction positions and easy change pick-ups.  It is also missing a wing mirror ;-)

After several disappointing conversations with the national DIY stores, I finally ordered today the wood and boards I need to construct my Scalextric tables from a local family-owned builders merchant.  It should all be delivered on Saturday morning so I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment