Thursday 10 December 2009

Hill Construction

This is the elevated carousel turn going through four stages of construction.  First the MDF pieces were joined together using old video tape boxes and I stapled chicken wire to shape the hills.  Then using kitchen towel dipped in casting plaster, I built up the hills and rock faces.  Finally the rocks were sprayed grey, the grass areas painted green and then flocked with loose grass mix.


It's clearly not finished since there's a big hole in the middle.  This is to allow access to the power relay wires (visible at the back of the photo).  But I have a piece of MDF ready to fit the hole that will also need to be shaped with some feature (yet to be decided) in the middle.  I've got a few ideas but I've rejected the volcano as just too ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment