Saturday 9 January 2010

Pits Top

I've now added a circuit sign and clock to the roof of the pits building, plus a few adverts on the barriers outside.



I've reluctantly removed the only section of original Scalextric track from the circuit.  It's a chicane set I used for the one of the corners but the cars always ran a little slower over it and the new Ford GT40 pretty much grinds to a halt.



The electrical connections are good but original Scalextric track was designed before Magnatraction (the stronger magnets in later cars that help keep them on the track).  Where the two lanes come close together, the magnet is attracted to all the strips of metal and slows the car too much.  So I've replaced it with the remaining pieces I had of the modern Scalextric Sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment