Sunday 30 May 2010

Donington Slot Car Festival

Andy and I went up to Donington Park last weekend for this annual slot car festival.  A really hot day and a nice drive up in the Lotus.


There were lots of circuits set up (with "driving licences" for kids to acquire by driving different types of vehicles), a competition on a huge track, and lots of traders.  Andy stocked up on yet more Metros and motorcycles.  I bought a couple of Mini Coopers plus another car I'll blog about next time.  I registered and obtained a bidding number for the auction in the afternoon but the lots I was interested in went for more than I wanted to pay, and I managed to keep in control.  (I've never seen Andy sit so still).
Included in the ticket was entrance to the Donington Grand Prix Exhibition which has five halls of Grand Prix and other interesting cars plus lots of motorsport memorabilia.  A well laid out exhibition which was a nice bonus on the entrance price.

No comments:

Post a Comment