Tuesday 17 August 2010

Screen Test

Ok, you can blame Stuart for this one.  Disappointed with the lack of verisimilitude caused by having a laptop plonked on top of a hill in the middle of my track, Stuart urged me to find an alternative.  There was no other place to put the laptop where it could still be reached so the only solution was a separate monitor!


Yes, it was a hell of a job getting under the table to fix a shelf in the alcove between the two chimneys.  The ghostly glow behind the curtain is the laptop which still controls everything but the race can be started, paused etc from buttons on the table.  I've installed some software on the laptop so I can quickly switch between displaying the race pane on the new screen...


...or switching back to a nice slot car picture when I'm making changes to drivers and cars before the next race...


Flanking the new screen are the Scalextric Go Kart Ladies and Gents Champion cups that Louise and I won on Andy's old track many moons ago.  And I've already ordered a feature for the hill which used to host the laptop.  It's coming from the US so will be a few weeks before I reveal it...

1 comment:

  1. Great to see the screen in place! Can't wait until September to test it.

    ReplyDelete